Research & Centers
Today, ASU is a hotbed for discovery in science---we’ve been awarded more than $7.5 million in NSF grants since 2005. Thanks to our Center for Nanobiotechnology Research, 70,000-square-foot state-of-the-art Life Sciences facility, students and faculty, like Dr. Shree Singh, are partnering with universities around the world and conducting groundbreaking research in nanobiotechnology to develop alternative energy sources and to cure and prevent disease.
We’re also at the forefront of business and policy research. Through our Center for Leadership & Public Policy, we’re conducting research on education, race relations, violence and the impact of population growth on Alabama’s social and economic future. We’re also studying the global economy through our East Asian Institute for Business Research and Culture.
Learn more about our research centers and projects, and bring your talent and passion to ASU and work with our top researchers on the next great breakthrough.
Explore our research centers and learn more about some of our current projects:
- Center for Nanobiotechnology Research
- Research Infrastructure & Minority Institutions
- Center for Leadership & Public Policy
- East Asian Institute for Business Research and Culture
- Urban Economic Research Development Center
- Structural Studies of RSV
- Carbon Nanotube-SSDNA Biosensor
- Nanoparticle Encapsulation of Peptides
- Development of Nanobiomaterials
- Pheromone Recognition and Signal Transduction in Mammalian Vomeronasal Organ
- ASU-UNTHSC Cancer Partnership
- ASU-UAB Cancer Partnership
Institutional Review Board (IRB)
Alabama State University's Institutional Review Board ensures compliance, safety and ethical treatment of human subjects conducted in the University's research, training programs and public services.