Workshop Set for Learning How to Do Business with the Government
ASU News Service
The Greater Valley Small Business, in cooperation with Alabama State University Small Business Development Center, is presenting a Virtual Lunch and learn workshop on How to Do Business with the Government at 11:30 a.m. on Sept. 21.
The event, which is free, will introduce participants to the Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) at ASU and some of the services provided to the business community. The training topics include Government Contracting, Selling to Government and Subcontracting.
The workshop will provide overall highlights of:
- PTAC no cost one-on-one advisement services
- Potential benefits of doing business with the government
- How the government buys goods and services
- How to become certified and registered on the federal, state, and local levels
- How to find government contracting primes and subcontracting opportunities
- Benefits and requirements for small business participation as 8(a), Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE), Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone), Woman-Owned and Veteran Owned Business enterprises
Co-hosts are Alabama SBDC at ASU and Greater Valley Area Chamber of Commerce
Pre-registration is required. To register online, visit https://asbdc.
For additional information, contact Cordero Young at 334-604-3302.