Term Withdrawal Procedures
Term Withdrawal Process
Completing the Term Withdrawal Authorization Form means that you are withdrawing from ALL classes for the current semester. This will result in “W” grades and you will receive either a partial refund, or no refund. Requests for withdrawal from the university must be received in the Office of Records and Registration by the last day of classes of the semester from which the student wishes to be withdrawn. Please read the attached Withdrawal Policy:
Refunds of Tuition for Withdrawal and Cancellation from the University During Fall and Spring Semesters
For those students who withdraw from school or who are withdrawn by the university, charges and refunds of tuition are governed by the following policy:
- In the event of death, involuntary call to active military duty or a situation in which the university is in error, no charges will be assessed/adjustment of full tuition will be granted.
- In all cases of withdrawal or enrollment cancellation from the university, students will be charged/have tuition adjusted according to the following schedule:
- Cancellation/withdrawal before classes begin: no tuition will be charged;
- Cancellation/withdrawal during the second week of classes: 20 percent will be charged/80 percent adjustment;
- Cancellation/withdrawal during the third week of classes: 40 percent will be charged Percent adjustment;
- Cancellation/withdrawal during the fourth or fifth week of classes; 60 percent Charged/40 percent adjustment;
- Cancellation/withdrawal during or after sixth week of classes; 100 percent will be charged/no adjustment.
Please refer to the current term’s academic calendar for corresponding dates for each percentage withdrawal.
Refunds will be processed through BankMobile. Refunds are subject to deduction for any amount owed to Alabama State University by the student.
No refunds are made for special fees except for the excess load fee, audit fee, and the off- campus credit fee.
Students suspended for disciplinary reasons are not eligible for refunds or cancellation of amount due.
Withdrawal Charges and Refunds for Tuition During Summer Session
The following refund policies apply for students attending a summer term:
- Cancellation/withdrawal before classes begin; no tuition will be charged;
- Cancellation/withdrawal during the first week of classes; 20 percent will be charged/80 percent adjustment;
- Cancellation/withdrawal during the second week of classes; 40 percent will be charged/60 percent adjustment;
- Cancellation/withdrawal during the third or fourth week of classes; 60 percent will be charged/40 percent adjustment;
- Cancellation/withdrawal during or after the fifth week of classes; 100 percent will be charged/no adjustment.
Students who fail to redeem (pay) their promissory note by the third week of classes will be administratively withdrawn (dis-enrolled) from the university during the fourth week. Reinstatement is prohibited unless disenrollment occurred as the result of an administrative error.
Students are not permitted to and faculty members must ensure that students do not remain in class(es) or continue credit-generating work after their registration has been cancelled.