ASU’s Health Services Center for students is located on the ground floor of Simpson Hall. The Center’s staff includes a registered nurse director, staff registered nurse, and secretary.
In addition to treatment for illness and injury, the Health Center offers preventative care such as vaccinations and promotes a number of wellness and health education activities on campus.
All enrolled ASU students are eligible for services at the Health Center and are covered by the Fixed Indemnity Accident and Sickness Insurance Plan.
New Students: Health Compliance
Health Services Mission
The Mission of Alabama State University's Student Health Services is to provide quality care to students with expertise that is cost effective and that meets their needs. Further, confidentiality of patient medical records is maintained according to Health Insurance Portability and Account Act (HIPPA) and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). By providing quality care and educational programs, Alabama State University Student Health Services promote student success.
- All enrolled students are eligible for services
- Must present your University I.D. each visit
- We provide care to sick and injured students
- Charges are applied to the student account and must be paid in full by the end of the semester
- We assist with insurance needs