President's Gala & Labor Day Classic Weekend
ASU's Labor Day Classic Weekend kicks-off with
"The President's Gala!"
- A Benefit for ASU Students -
- A ticketed event that is open for news media coverage -
- Featuring the incredible sounds of the legendary R&B group, "SILK" -
- The entire Labor Day Classic Weekend events are also listed below from Sept. 3 - Sept. 6 -
WHAT: The President's Gala with proceeds benefiting Alabama State University. It is a ticketed event!
WHEN: September 3 (Friday), beginning at 7 p.m.
WHERE: The Renaissance Hotel and Convention Center, downtown Montgomery.
NOTE: Performance by the legendary R&B group, "SILK."
By: Kenneth Mullinax/ASU
Alabama State University's Labor Day Classic series of newsworthy and fun events begins with The President's Gala, Friday evening, Sept. 3, beginning at 7 p.m. at The Renaissance Hotel & Convention Center in downtown Montgomery. It's a ticketed event with all proceeds benefiting ASU students.
The news media is welcome to cover the Gala. Contact ASU's Director of Media Relations at 334-229-4104 at least one week prior to the event (August 26) so ASU may better accommodate your news coverage.
ABOUT THE PRESIDENT'S GALA
The President's Gala is President, Dr. Quinton T. Ross, Jr.'s, signature event celebrating the University and its student success. Best described as an evening of glamour, glitz, entertainment, dinner, dancing, donor recognition, student highlights and entertainment, this year’s Gala features the incredible sounds of the legendary R&B group, "SILK."
Tickets are on sale now. For more information, click on the link in the flyer below or visit www.alasu.edu/
ASU's executive director of Institutional Advancement Initiatives and the ASU Foundation, Jennifer S. Anderson, explains that as the University and Hornet Nation seek to return to a new normal during the current COVID-19 restrictions, the University is proud to announce that its 2021 President’s Gala will be held in-person this year as will all of the ASU Labor Day Classic Weekend events.
"The University invites you to join us at Alabama State University's President's Gala and our entire Labor Day Classic Weekend series of events," Anderson said. "It promises to be a celebration of perseverance, commitment and Bama State Spirit. While we will observe social distancing and COVID-19 protocols, we look forward to recognizing supporters and highlighting our greatest treasure - our ASU students!"
Anderson said that the funds raised will support strategic University initiatives and student success. The Gala is the ASU Foundation's yearly fundraiser.
WEEKEND LISTING OF LABOR DAY CLASSIC EVENTS
Below is a listing of ASU's entire weekend of Labor Day Classic events with dates, times and locations, which are open to news coverage.
- Friday @ 7 p.m. (Sept. 3) President's Gala at the Renaissance Hotel with the legendary and award-winning R&B group "SILK."
- Saturday, 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. (Sept. 4) Pre-game Block Party on Harris Way featuring entertainment on "The Sting Stage."
- Saturday @ 2:15 p.m. (Sept. 4) The traditional 'Hornet Walk' where fans cheer on the Hornet football team outside the stadium.
- Saturday @ 5 p.m. (Sept. 4) Annual Labor Day Football Classic with ASU vs. Miles at the ASU Football Stadium.
- Monday/Labor Day beginning @ 3 p.m. (Sept. 6) The Bama State MusicFest at the Riverwalk Amphitheater featuring "Souled Out," Yung Vokalz, Kirk Jay and other special guests.
* Note: A portion of the MusicFest concert will benefit the Boys & Girls Club, Valiant Cross Academy and MEOW Cares.
Ticket information may be obtained by clicking on the link below.