Are the positions listed on the website current?
Yes. A position is removed from the website once it is filled.

Is there a closing date for the posted positions?
Positions with no closing date are considered "open until filled."

If I have missed the closing date for a vacancy, can I still submit my application for consideration?
No. An application can only be submitted online for consideration for positions currently open and posted on the Alabama State University website.

I want to apply for more than one position. Do I need to submit an application for each post?
Yes. Once you log in to your account, review the job openings and select the apply link at the right to apply for the position. Repeat this for each position that is of interest.

How soon can I expect to hear the outcome of my applications?
The department responsible for the vacancy will review qualified applications and contact applicants selected for an interview. There is no set timeline and each department varies based on position need. You can log in to your account and select the "application status" tab to review the status for your application.

I would need a visa, can I still apply?
Yes. The online application requires consent to provide documentation for authorization to work in the U.S., as well as a valid social security number.

I do not have an email address, how will I receive correspondence?
An email address, as well as a physical address, is required for completing an online application. An email address can be created for free from various email providers (i.e. Yahoo).

How do I know my application has been received?
You will see a confirmation on the screen immediately after selecting the "submit" button. An email may also be sent to you with the same confirmation information.

How can I view my online application history?
Log in to your account and select the "application status" tab to view applications we have on file for you, as well as the current status.

I have forgotten my password, what should I do?
On the applicant login screen, select the link "I forgot my username/password" and follow the instructions for retrieving/resetting this information. An email will be sent to you with further instructions, when necessary. Check spam and junk folders if an email is not found in your inbox.

Back to top


Where can I find more information pertaining to University benefit options?
Visit the benefit section of the human resources webpage here and view the links on the left-hand side menu for more detailed information related to health, dental, leave, etc.


Back to top



What is Hornetsweb and how do I gain access to it?
My Hornets Access is a Single Sign-On (SSO) campus portal where you may access a variety of personal employment and financial paths such as contact information, payroll and compensation data, direct deposit history, benefits, emergency contacts W2 forms, department authorized purchasing capabilities and vendor listings. Your supervisor may contact the OTS Department (334) 229-4560 or via email at to setup your account. 

How do obtain my Employee ID number (EIN) and/or email address?
•    Contact the Office of Human Resources (334) 229-4612 for your CWID.
•    Contact Office Technology Services (OTS) to obtain an email (334) 229-4560 or via email at

How do I obtain a Staff ID Card?
•    Contact Office Technology Services (OTS) for more information regarding obtaining a staff ID card (334) 229-4560 or via email at

Back to top


Where do I find time sheets, staff leave request forms and other human resources forms?
Contact the Office of Human Resources at (334) 229-4667 with any questions or inquiries.

Where do I find faculty leave request forms and other faculty forms and/or documents?
Contact Academic Affairs at (334) 229-4231 for questions pertaining to faculty forms and the faculty handbook.


Back to top