Deadline Approaches for 2023 Spirit Awards Nominations
“These awards allow us to honor alumni who are making significant contributions in their chosen professions or in their communities,” said Cromwell Handy, ASU’s Director of Alumni Relations. “The presentation of the awards has been part of the Founders’ Day Convocation for more than a decade and has become one of the University’s most prestigious awards.”
ABOUT THE AWARDS
THE SPIRIT OF MARION AWARD
This award recognizes individuals or organizations whose professional efforts have created innovation, positive change or notable advancement in an industry, environment or concept. Like the Marion Nine, nominees must demonstrate great vision, honorable citizenship and success in the face of challenge.
The person or organization nominated for this award must meet the following criteria:
- Be an ASU graduate, faculty or staff member, or organization whose leader is an ASU graduate, faculty or staff member;
- Have a record of noteworthy community outreach efforts; and,
- Demonstrate a positive impact on the community.
THE SPIRIT OF TULLIBODY AWARD
This award honors the brave and forward-thinking spirit of William Burns Paterson by recognizing the courageous and innovative achievements of an ASU alumnus who has made notable professional and civic contributions to the community and to ASU.
The person nominated for this award must meet the following criteria:
- Be an ASU graduate;
- Hold or be retired from a professional position;
- Be an active alumnus who has made significant contributions;
- Have a background of notable professional accomplishments; and,
- Have made great civic contributions.
The deadline for submitting nominations is Tuesday, December 6, 2022. For more information or to make a nomination, visit www.alasu.edu/spiritawards.