Methods of Payment

Alabama State University accepts a number of payment methods for tuition and other student account balances. 40% of all charges (room, board, tuition and fees) are payable upon the end of registration.

If payment is not made by the last day of registration the student’s classes maybe “purged” (dropped from the class roll).

Students who register beginning with the first day of classes will be charged a $30.00 late registration fee.

Forms of Personal Payments Accepted

Personal funds may be paid to the university in the form of cash, personal checks, cashier's checks, certified checks, money orders, or by using any credit cards recognized by the university (MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover).

A service charge of $30.00 will be assessed for all returned checks.

Mailing Your Payments

All payments made through the U.S. Postal Service or any parcel service should be addressed as follows:

Cashiering Services
Alabama State University
P.O. Box 271
Montgomery, AL 36101-0271

Making Payments on Campus

Payments may be made at the University Cashier's Window on the top floor of the J. Garrick Hardy Student Center. Payments can also be made via telephone at 334-229-4197 with a debit or credit card. 

Online Payments – Hornet’s Web

You can check your balance or pay your bill online anytime on the Hornet's Web.

Forms of Financial Aid Offers Accepted

Financial aid funds may be paid to the university from one or more financial aid programs. These include, but are not limited to, loan programs Federal (Federal Stafford Loan, Federal PLUS Loan), grant programs (Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, Alabama State Assistance Grant), work program (Federal Work-Study Program), scholarship programs and benefit programs available from the Veterans Administration for the dependents of deceased or disabled veterans.

Deferred Balance

After payment of 40 percent students remaining balance of 60 percent will be due by the following deadlines:

Fall Semester October 1st
Spring Semester March 1st
Summer Semester July 1st

If these dates fall on a weekend or holiday, the 60 percent is due no later than the following business day.

In the event of an unpaid balance of any nature on a student's account, the following services will be withheld until the balance is paid in full:

  • Enrollment for subsequent terms
  • Transcripts
  • Release of Grades