Frequently Asked Questions About Student Accounts
1. What is a student account?
A student account is simply the charges and payments related to a student's registration. A student bill is a summary of a student's account. Also, any incidental charges such as traffic fines, infirmary charges, ID replacement, etc. will become part of a student account.
2. When are payments due?
60% of your bill is due no later than the last day to register per the academic calendar. The remaining 40% will be due:
- Fall Semester- October 1
- Spring Semester- March 1
- Summer Semester- July 1
* If any of these due dates fall on a weekend or holiday the balance is due no later than the following business day.
3. What if I do not pay by the payment deadline?
If the 60% is not met by the last day to register for classes you will be automatically purged (cancelled) from your classes without notice.
- Seats in all classes are forfeited
There is no guarantee that seats in all courses will be available for re-submitted registrations.
4. Will I owe any money if I drop a class or withdraw from college?
Classes are prorated from the first day of classes. Please check the academic calendar for the percentages of the proration.
5. I cannot register / I haven't received my grades / I cannot receive a transcript. Is there a problem?
If all three of the above applies to your account you most likely have a financial hold on your student records.
A hold may be placed on your student records if you owe money for your semester bill. In addition, students may have holds placed on their records for reasons other than financial obligations. If you think you may have a hold on your student records, please check the Hornets Web to view the type of hold.
6. Can I register if I have an outstanding balance?
No. Once payment for an outstanding balance is made the account will be cleared for registration access.
7. Am I expected to pay when I register?
Yes, 60% is expected at the time of registration.
8. How will I know what my tuition and fee costs are?
All tuition and fees rates are posted online. Upon submission of a registration, tuition and fee costs will be billed to the student's account.
9. Is there a payment plan available?
Yes. CashNet provides the option to make monthly payments. The plan provides for the total semester costs to be spread over the course of the semester interest free. There is a per semester enrollment fee payable to CashNet Tuition Plan for utilizing this financing option.
- Website: http://commerce.cashnet.com/paymentportal.
- Telephone: 1-877-821-0625
10. How can I pay my outstanding balance?
Payment of outstanding balances can be made online through the Hornet’s Web or with the Cashiers Office. Cash, checks, and all major credit cards are accepted.
11. Are refunds mailed or can we pick them up in office?
Credit Balances for students are processed with BankMobile and cannot be picked up in office.
12. My refund was mailed, but I have not received it in the mail. Can I get a new one?
Contact BankMobile Disbursements about any lost credit disbursement checks at 1-877-584-5418.
13. Can I charge my books and supplies to my Student Accounts?
No. We do not charge books or supplies to the Student Accounts.