Consumer Info

Student Right-To-Know

The University Office of Institutional Research discloses the graduation or completion rates.  View completion rates.
1. The general population of full-time, first-time degree or certification-seeking, undergraduate student and
2. Students who receive athletically related student aid, broken down by race and gender within sports.

This information may be obtained by contacting Institutional Research by phone 334-229-4431 or by visiting the National Center for College Statistics online.

Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act

The University Athletic Office provides data on participation and financing of men’s and women’s sports in intercollegiate athletic programs.The Athletic Office also provides data and renames total expenses, and operating expenses of intercollegiate athletic program. View data online or contact the Athletic Office 334-229-4507 for a printed copy.

The ASU Counseling Center provides information and assistance to students with disabilities who are in need of special accommodations. Individual services are available to students with visual,hearing, speech, physical and learning disabilities, chronic health problems, psychological disorders, and temporary disabilities. Services include counseling, classroom accommodations, adapted equipment, note-takers, readers, interpreters, adapted testing, priority registration, and referrals. Support and assistance in overcoming architectural, academic, attitudinal, and other barriers encountered is provided. Requests for services must be made prior to the beginning of each semester and current documentation of disability is required to receive assistance.

Counseling Center (334)-229-4382

Information on Accreditation

Information concerning accreditation is listed in the ASU Graduate and Undergraduate Catalogs. Additional information may be obtained from the Office of the President.

All academic programs of the University are approved by the State Board of Education and the Board of Trustees. The University is an accredited member of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. The professional program of the respective schools of the University are accredited or approved by the appropriate professional associations, or are pursuing full professional accreditation or approval. The University is also an affiliate member of the American Council on Education and Universities, the American Association of State Colleges and Universities, the National Association for Equal Opportunity in Higher Education, and numerous other educational and professional associations. A listing of the agencies which have accredited professional programs at the University may be found in the ASU Graduate and Undergraduate Catalogs and Student Right-To-Know-Clause (Campus Security) Act.

Campus Security

The University makes available upon request to both currently enrolled and prospective students and in the case of the campus crime report prospective employees and employees. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on-campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Alabama State University;  and public property within,or immediately around or adjacent to and accessible from, the campus. The report also  includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies concerning sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting Police and Campus Security at 334-229-4400 or see the campus crime report online.

Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

The University Office of Records and Registration and Office Of Student Affairs disseminates information annually to students about their rights under the FERPA. The University’s policies are listed the University’s Catalog, class schedule booklets and student handbook.

The Family Education and Privacy Act information can be obtained by contacting Student Affairs 334-229-4241 or Records and Registration #334-229-4643 .

Drug & Alcohol  Abuse Policy

The University Office of Personnel and Human Relations and Office of Student Affairs provides annual faculty, employees and students information on the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988. The information is published in non-academic staff handbook (Faculty and Staff) and student handbook (students).

The Employee Drug & Alcohol Policy information can be obtained by contacting Personnel and Human Resources at 334-229-4667.

The Student  Drug & Alcohol Policy information can be obtained by contacting Student Affairs 334-229-4241.

For more information on Emergencies & Alerts, click here.

For more information on Wellness & Safety, click here.