The Freshmen Connect Summer Enrichment Program
2019 Summer Connect Academy Enrichment Program, May 27 - June 30
The Freshmen Connect Summer Enrichment Program is an intense five-week summer experience for underrepresented minority students at Alabama State University.
Trainees will engage in various activities related to maternal and child health. Program activities will focus on strengthening a wide range of skills important to the four themes: Leadership, Academic Skills Acquisition, Career Development and Exploration, and Cultural Competency. Additionally, summer trainees will have the opportunity to receive college credit. -
Trainees will receive a stipend, to include all books and related materials needed for the program. This enrichment program provides a stipend and room and board. Parking and additional meals will be the responsibility of each trainee.
- Be currently enrolled at Alabama State University
- Member of an under-represented minority group
- Strong interest in careers focused on women and/or children
- Minimum of 2.5 Cumulative GPA
- Evidence of Community Involvement
- Must have a completed application (including essay)
- Two letters of recommendation (one must be from a faculty member or adviser)
- Must provide an unofficial copy of your transcript.
If mailing your application packet or to send recommendation letters and transcripts, please submit to the following address:
MCH Pipeline Summer Academy
ATTN: Mrs. Catrina Waters
Alabama State University
College of Health Sciences
John L. Buskey Building - Suite 301B
P.O. Box 271
Montgomery, AL 36101-0271
Accepted students will be notified on or before April 15, 2018.