Mission and Objectives
The mission of ASU’s Health Information Management (HIM) program is to assure that graduates have achieved entry-level competencies in the development, dissemination, financial, technological and administrative skills needed for entry-level positions in a health care organization.
Upon completion of the professional HIM curriculum at ASU, graduates will be prepared to:
1. Accurately collect, analyze and report healthcare data;
2. Apply healthcare statistics and research to comprehensive health information analysis, including quality assessment and performance improvement;
3. Apply legal and ethical standards to healthcare information requirements and standards;
4. Demonstrate appropriate application of health information technology and systems to professional practice; and,
5. Apply principles of organization and management to human resources and health information services decision making.