Incoming Graduate Students
The Harold Lloyd Murphy Graduate School at Alabama State University offers a leading advanced degree program in accountancy.
HOW TO APPLY
- Apply online (Application Only)
- Send all of the following to The Harold Loyd Murphy Graduate School:
- $25 application fee
- GRE/MAT test scores
- GMAT scores for Master of Accountancy only
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Three professional letters of recommendation (.pdf) from persons qualified to evaluate your ability to do graduate-level work in your field of study
- Statement of Purpose Statement of Purpose (.pdf) (Purpose and objective in pursuing graduate study at ASU and relevant employment and academic experiences to your chosen field of study)
To be considered for graduate admission at Alabama State University, you must hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university and a minimum GPA of 2.5. A grade point average of 2.75 is required for the Alternative A and Traditional Master’s program in Education. To pursue an Ed.S. degree and Class AA certification you are required to have a minimum GPA of 3.25. Special Note: Class AA certification endorsement requires a Class A certification. The Master of Accounting program requires a minimum 2.75 GPA (undergraduate) and 3.0 GPA (graduate).
Your application and all other admissions documents should be received by The Harold Loyd Murphy Graduate School by the dates for each enrollment term listed below in order to be given priority processing for admission consideration; however, the application process will remain open:
>> Fall -- April 15
>> Spring -- November 15
>> Summer -- March 15
If you are an international student, you must submit the following items in addition to the regular application materials to be considered for graduate admission to Alabama State University:
- Satisfactory score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Original copy of college transcript, in English, or World Educational Services evaluation (www.wes.org).
- Affidavit of financial support that documents your ability to pay for all expenses
If you are interested in taking graduate-level classes at ASU but do not wish to pursue an advanced degree, you may apply for admission as a special student non-degree. To do so, you must:
- Apply Online (Application Only)
- Send all of the following to Harold Loyd Murphy Graduate School:
- $25 application fee
- Official transcript verifying you have obtained a bachelor's degree
The admission policies of Alabama State University are predicated upon the presumed competence of the individual rather than upon any consideration whatsoever of race, color, sex, religion or national origin.