Alabama State University, through its academic business unit, is nationally accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) for the offering of the following degree program: B.S. Degree in Business Administration (with majors in Accounting, Management, Marketing, Computer Information Systems, Economics, and Finance).
The College of Business Administration supports the mission of Alabama State University, a regional historically black institution, by providing the higher educational needs of business students in the state of Alabama and surrounding regions through its commitment to the following areas:
COBA strives to engage and empower its students by creating opportunity for persons that otherwise might not pursue or have access to higher education. It focuses on serving students that desire a smaller classroom environment with a coaching approach to pedagogy.
COBA awards undergraduate and graduate degrees. The undergraduate programs offer selected specializations built on a foundation of general education and a broad business core with the emphasis on entrepreneurship and global business. All programs stress the application of concepts and enhanced use of technology. The Master of Accountancy program offers advanced accounting studies.
Instructional and Research Focus
Instructional development and faculty intellectual contributions of applied scholarship are emphasized. Faculty development, community service and involvement in professional organizations resulting in service to key stakeholders are stressed.
The COBA outreach programs provide value added programming and service learning opportunities that create strong relationships and alliances with local high schools, the greater Montgomery community; corporate, minority and small business organizations; governmental agencies, and alumni partners.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to write grammatically correct business documents and research/communication instruments.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to execute the quantitative skills required in business.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to use the technology skills required to be competitive in today’s global business world.
- Students will demonstrate required reading comprehension and critical thinking skills.
- Students will demonstrate mastery of basic business knowledge presented in core curriculum.
- Students will demonstrate acceptable professional development skills.