ASU’s Announces 2021 Women of Excellence Award Honorees
By ASU News Services
Alabama State University announces the 2021 Women of Excellence Award recipients. This year’s honorees include nine faculty and staff women and one student for their service, leadership, strength and spirit of excellence.
The 2020 and 2021 in-person events were cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The recipients will receive individual recognition through a social media campaign on ASU’s official social media channels during the month of June.
The annual awards, inspired by a 1983 article from ASU’s Hornets Tribune featuring the10 Most Prestigious Women, honor the accomplishments of 10 women who have achieved success in their own careers and demonstrated commitment to the success of other women and/or girls.
Meet the 2021 honorees who join an elite group composed of ASU’s most influential women:
- Dr. Caterina Bristol, Dean, Harold Lloyd Murphy Graduate School
- Ms. Kimberly Black, Director, Payroll
- Ms. Carolyn Davis, Program Coordinator/Advisor, Office of Interdisciplinary Studies
- Ms. Marie McNear, Director, Records and Registration
- Ms. Jacqueline Powell, Administrative Assistant, Student Affairs
- Dr. Jacqueline Trimble, Chair, Languages & Literature
- Ms. Lois Russell, Vice President, Marketing and Communications
- Dr. Janice Franklin, Dean, Levi Watkins Learning Center
- Ms. Margie Campbell, Instructor, Orientation, Advance Studies
- Ms. Charity Glover, Senior, Major: English 3.9gpa
The Women of Excellence Awards are sponsored by the Lyceum Committee, the Department of Language and Literature, and the National Center for the Study of Civil Rights and African-American Culture.