Alabama State University welcomes applications from students who are currently enrolled in another institution but wish to transfer.
Apply ONLINE for admissions
We accept documents through National Student Clearing House, Parchment and E Script (make sure to select the ASU Admission's email and not your email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Send copies of your transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities to our Admissions & Recruitment Office at the following address:
Alabama State University
Office of Admissions & Recruitment
P.O. Box 271
Montgomery, AL 36101
FAQ: TRANSFER STUDENTS ADMISSIONS
A transfer student must have attempted 15 hours or more of college-level courses, with a 2.0 GPA or above.
If you have attempted 14 hours or less you are considered a Freshman Transfer. You will need to submit all the OFFICIAL transcripts from every college you have attended, along with your High School Official Transcript and Test Scores (ACT or SAT)
- We ONLY accept transfer credits from Regionally Accredited Colleges and Universities
- We have to have a completed Transfer Application before we can evaluate which classes will transfer in from your colleges
- You will receive a letter in the mail from Admission's informing you of our Admission's decision (this is how you know if you are accepted)
- If you have 60 credit hours or more, you do not have to attend Orientation
- The Housing reservation fee is $200. The online housing application opens each Spring.
- We accept documents through National Student Clearing House, Parchment and E Script (make sure to select the ASU Admission's email and not your email)
- A COMPLETED Transfer Application (students with 15 credit hours or more) consists of a:
Completed Online Application
Paid $25 Application Fee
- OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS from every college or university you have attended. We are unable to make an admissions decision until all official transcripts have been received.
FAQ: ADMITTED TRANSFER STUDENTS
- Apply for Transfer Scholarships October 1-February 15 for the Fall semester (there is no guarantee you will be awarded a scholarship)
- Financial Aid Award Letters will be loaded to your Hornets WebYour username for Hornets Web is your student ID number (this number is on your acceptance letter it starts with 200)
- If you have trouble logging into Hornets Webs contact our Office of Technology at (334)229-4560.
- Contact Ms. Sunkeissa Cantrell, Transfer Specialist via email email@example.com or 334-604-3944 via text for any additional questions.