Alabama State University welcomes applications from students who are currently enrolled in another institution but wish to transfer.
- Apply ONLINE for admissions
- We accept documents through National Student Clearing House, Parchment and E Script (make sure to select the ASU Admission's email and not your email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Send copies of your transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities to our Admissions & Recruitment Office at the following address:
Alabama State University
Office of Admissions & Recruitment
P.O. Box 271
Montgomery, AL 36101
FAQ: TRANSFER STUDENTS ADMISSIONS
- A transfer student must have attempted 15 hours or more of college-level courses, with a 2.0 GPA or above.
- If you have attempted 14 hours or less you are considered a Freshman Transfer. You will need to submit all the OFFICIAL transcripts from every college you have attended, along with your High School Official Transcript and Test Scores (ACT or SAT)
- We ONLY accept transfer credits from Regionally Accredited Colleges and Universities
- We have to have a completed Transfer Application before we can evaluate which classes will transfer in from your colleges
- You will receive a letter in the mail from Admission's informing you of our Admission's decision (this is how you know if you are accepted)
- If you have 60 credit hours or more, you do not have to attend Orientation
- The Housing reservation fee is $200. The online housing application opens each Spring.
- We accept documents through National Student Clearing House, Parchment and E Script (make sure to select the ASU Admission's email and not your email)
- A COMPLETED Transfer Application (students with 15 credit hours or more) consists of a:
- Completed Online Application
- Paid $25 Application Fee
- OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS from every college or university you have attended. We are unable to make an admissions decision until all official transcripts have been received.
FAQ: ADMITTED TRANSFER STUDENTS
- Apply for Transfer Scholarships October 1-February 15 for the Fall semester (there is no guarantee you will be awarded a scholarship)
- Financial Aid Award Letters will be loaded to your Hornets Web
- Your username for Hornets Web is your student ID number (this number is on your acceptance letter it starts with 200)
- If you have trouble logging into Hornets Webs contact our Office of Technology at (334)229-4560.h
Contact Ms. Sunkeissa Cantrell, Transfer Specialist via email email@example.com or 334-604-3944 via text for any additional questions.