The Harold Lloyd Murphy Graduate School at Alabama State University offers various graduate-level programs leading to advanced degrees in education, accountancy, general sciences, health sciences, history, and social work. ASU's graduate programs are designed to prepare constituents to be part of a vanguard of professionals through the 21st century.
How to Apply
- Click here to Apply Online
- $49 application fee
- Upload the following documents to GradCAS:
- GRE/MAT test scores (Waived for 2021 Fall term)
- GMAT scores for Master of Accountancy only (Waived for 2021 Fall term)
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Three professional letters of recommendation from persons qualified to evaluate your ability to do graduate-level work in your field of study
- Statement of Purpose specifying your purpose and objective in pursuing graduate study at ASU and relevant employment and academic experiences to your chosen field of study.
- Alternative, Educational Specialist, Doctoral, Instructional Leadership and Social Work programs require additional documents.
To be considered for graduate admission at Alabama State University, you must hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university and a minimum GPA of 2.5. A grade point average of 2.75 is required for the Alternative A and Traditional Master’s program in Education. To pursue an Ed.S. degree and Class AA certification you are required to have a minimum GPA of 3.25. Special Note: Class AA certification endorsement requires a Class A certification. The Master of Accounting program requires a minimum 2.75 GPA (undergraduate) and 3.0 GPA (graduate).
(To see the complete disclaimer, refer to the title page of the Graduate Bulletin.)
Your application and all other admissions documents should be received by The Harold Lloyd Murphy Graduate School by the dates for each enrollment term listed below in order to be given priority processing for admission consideration; however, the application process will remain open:
>> Fall -- April 15
>> Spring -- November 15
>> Summer -- March 15
If you are an international student, you must submit the following items in addition to the regular application materials to be considered for graduate admission to Alabama State University:
- Satisfactory score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- Original copy of college transcript, evaluated in English on a 4.0 scale, from World Education Services (www.wes.org) or any other accredited international transcript evaluation agency.
- Affidavit of financial support that documents your ability to pay for all expenses
If you are interested in taking graduate-level classes at ASU but do not wish to pursue an advanced degree, you may apply for admission as a special student non-degree. To do so, you must:
- Apply Online (Application Only)
- Send all of the following to Harold Lloyd Murphy Graduate School:
- $25 application fee
- Official transcript verifying you have obtained a bachelor's degree
The admission policies of Alabama State University are predicated upon the presumed competence of the individual rather than upon any consideration whatsoever of race, color, sex, religion or national origin.
Financial Aid Information/ Tuition Fees