All External Test Takers (This does not include ASU students who have a valid ASU ID.)
All visitors reporting to the ASU campus must receive a Parking Pass before testing. Please report to: Campus Police at 1452 Carter Hill Road, Montgomery, Alabama 36104
Make-Up Examination Proctoring
The Alabama State University Testing Center Staff monitors testing areas and USES VIDEO CAMERAS while examinees are testing. Only the materials previously approved by the instructor will be allowed in the testing room. If the Testing Center staff observes usage of unapproved testing materials, the examinee's test will be taken and testing will be discontinued. Additionally, an official report will be sent to the instructor and/or other University officials. PLEASE SUBMIT 3-4 BUSINESS DAYS IN ADVANCE.
Proctoring Request Form
Examinees must complete the Proctor Request Form. Please click on the link below:
A Proctor fee is charged for non-Alabama State University students
- Exams lasting two hours or less - $35 exam fee
- Exams lasting longer than two hours - $50 exam fee
Please call (334) 229-4864 for more information. The Testing Center is located in Edward G. McGehee Hall, 105.
ICBE Testing Procedures
Credit in certain courses offered at Alabama State University may be earned by Institutional Credit by Examination. On the basis of previous training or experience, any student who has reason to believe he or she can pass an examination in one or more of these courses may be permitted to register for such examination with the approval of the Dean and the assigned instructor in the particular departmental areas.
A student must have completed six (6) semester hours of traditional credit at ASU and have successful completion of a course within the last 12 months to have non-traditional credit applied to their record.
- A minimum score of 80 is required to receive credit for the exam.
- A student attempting credit-by-examination will be awarded a grade of “P”; except in the case of failure, no grade will be recorded.
- An exam score or credit earned is not included in the computation of the grade point average (GPA).
For specific information, contact the Testing Center at (334) 229-4385 or via email at email@example.com
- Registration must be completed prior to the start of Fall and Spring Semesters
- To register for the ICBE, you may stop by the Testing Center Office located in McGehee 105, or by using the ASU website at www.alasu.edu
CBE is Credit-By-Exam. A Credit-By-Exam (CBE) program allows you to earn college credit for what you already know. Passing tests through a credit-by-exam program offers students the opportunity to earn college credit.
Credit-by-Exam Courses offered through the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences:
● Spanish I ● French I
● Spanish II ● French II
The Testing Center will proctor ICBE exams for Alabama State University students during the current semester.
- The Testing Center staff will verify the students’ identification at the time of the exam and monitor test-takers closely. Staff will not give a student an exam without a valid student or government photo ID, or scantron.
- Cell phones, iPods, calculators, smartwatches, or backpacks not allowed in the Testing Room.
- We ask that students contact the Testing Center for an appointment at least one week in advance.
- Any student suspected of cheating will be removed from the test and your test will not be scored.
LATE ARRIVAL RULES
- If a student is unable to arrive on time, he/she must contact the Testing Center for rescheduling of time.
MAT Registration Form
The Miller Analogies Test (MAT) is a computer-based test. Performance on the MAT is designed to reflect candidates' analytical thinking, an ability that is critical for success in both graduate school and professional life.
Upon completion of the MAT Computer-Based Test, you will receive a Preliminary Score Report. The scores displayed on this report are still pending verification by Pearson and therefore, are not official and cannot be presented to schools as a substitute for an Official Transcript.
Important Testing Information
Be advised that testing information is tentative and subject to change. Current cost for testing is $70, payable at the Cashier's Office, located in the John Garrick Hardy Student Center. You may either pay in person (cash, money order or debit card) or pay by phone (credit or debit card) at (334) 229-4198.
The MAT Test is administered in the Life Science Building, Room 102. A valid ID is required for admittance. You should bring two forms of identification (one must be a photo ID, excluding credit cards with photos). You should plan to arrive no later than 2:30 p.m. on the day of testing. It is necessary to begin the registration process by 2:30 p.m. in order to ensure testing begins promptly at 3 p.m. Actual testing time is 60 minutes. Scores will be mailed within three to four weeks.
If you have any questions, please call (334) 229-4864 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 15, 2023
October 28, 2023
Rescheduling, Cancellations, Missed Appointments and Refunds
All testing fees paid directly to Alabama State University Testing Center are non-refundable and non-transferable. This includes cancelling due to arriving more than 30 minutes late, rescheduling for another test date, or missing your scheduled appointment. You may reschedule the test, but testing fees are due before you complete your online registration form. If you scheduled your test directly through an exam agency, such as ETS, please contact that exam agency regarding their policies.
>> Submit MAT Registration Form