The User Services Support team supports technology and its use in the workplace through a tiered support model. At the tier one level, first response to customer reported issues and requests for service is provided by the Service Desk and the Walk-In Center. Second tier technical support is provided by the Desktop Support Technicians. Primary technologies supported include: desktops, laptops, MS Office productivity suite, printing, and software installation, access to networked or web-based systems.
User Services is also responsible for developing and maintaining the customer-facing presence of the Technology Services division.
- Developing and maintaining the IT web presence
- Representing IT during new student, staff, and faculty orientation
- Authoring and delivering awareness material and events for customers
- Overseeing editing of customer-facing technical documentation
Service Desk / Call Center
The first point of contact to request IT services or report issues is the Service Desk. The Call Center receives; resolves and routes reported technology issues and service requests from faculty, staff and students. The Service Desk may be contacted by phone at 334-229-4560, via the Service Desk Portal or by entering a request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Desktop Support provides second tier, remote or on-site technical consultation and support for workplace computer systems and related peripherals. All service requests for the Desktop Support group are routed through the OTS Service Desk either by phone (334-229-4560), by entering a ticket online at service.alasu.edu or by emailing the Service Desk email@example.com.
The telecommunication team is responsible for the campus VoIP, digital and analog phone service. This part of the User Services team is responsible for initiating service, making changes, troubleshooting, customer support and billing for telephony-based services. This team also provides operator services for the University. There is also a published Campus Directory to assist callers with contacting individuals and departments on campus.
- VOIP phone service
- Digital and analog phone service
- Voicemail management
- Diagnose and repair phone service issues
- Provide end user support for phone service and functions
- Provide billing and answer billing inquiries for campus customers
- Automated and live routing of all incoming university calls
Walk-up technical support for ASU-owned computers is provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
- PC repair
- Account and software configuration
- Price quotes for new systems
The Walk – In Center is located in William Hooper Councill Hall, Room 315.