Enterprise Network and Systems
Our Enterprise Systems & Network (ESN) group enables and facilitates the management of information at ASU by developing, implementing, supporting, and maintaining systems here on campus. These systems allow us to automate processes, report information, and achieve desired user-defined results. The networking team is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of all network infrastructures on campus and telecommunication services.
- Wired network connectivity
- Wireless network connectivity
- Private secure networks
- Secure remote access services
- Off campus building connectivity
- Voice over IP (VOIP) connectivity
- Network administration, monitoring, diagnosis and repair
ESN is responsible for the design, implementation and administration of campus enterprise database systems (Oracle and PeopleSoft), hosted MS SQL database instances and database backup and recovery. The Network Technicians are responsible for the deployment and maintenance of the campus network copper, fiber and telephone cable plant. The ESN team is also responsible for all network and data centers including installation. This includes the physical maintenance of network and server equipment on campus and diagnosis and repair of connectivity issues.
- Network and phone jack installation, activation and troubleshooting
- Fiber termination, diagnosis and repair
- Network closet equipment and cabling installation and maintenance
- Data center equipment and cabling installation and maintenance
The Servers Infrastructure team is responsible for designing, implementing, and administering all campus infrastructure in support of desktop and server computing.
- Hosted virtual servers
- Hosted physical servers
- Server administration and maintenance
- SAN storage for hosted servers
- Storage administration and maintenance
- Campus standard builds for Windows workstations
- Automated operating system installation for servers and desktops
- Automated software installation for Windows workstations
- Software packaging for automated installation
- Software license server installation and administration
- Tier 3 diagnosis and support for desktop and server system
The Technology Services project management team works to identify and facilitate special projects each fiscal year to enhance the quality of our computing environment, meet critical needs, and provide tangible benefits to our university's technology infrastructure and service offerings. The PM team facilitates the IT Project Portfolio Management process which ranks potential projects based on strategic impact and viability. The ranked projects are then approved based on budget and human resource availability. Members of the team serve as project managers for many of the high complexity projects in the project portfolio.
- IT Project Portfolio Management
- Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Feasibility Studies
- Communication Planning