Approved requests for proctoring services is contingent upon the acknowledgment of the testing standards of day to day operations in the Testing Center. This acknowledgement details the security standards, examinee responsibilities, and the identification and test material handling procedures in the Testing Center. Personal items are not allowed in the testing rooms and should not be brought into the Testing Center under any circumstances.
- Personal items not related to testing, must be stored in your vehicle or in other secure areas.
- A valid government issued photo ID is required to test (Driver's license, State ID, Passport).
- An ASU student ID is only acceptable as a secondary ID.
- Testing aids prohibited in the test room include, but are not limited to: (cell phones, pagers, electronic or photograhic devices, personal laptops, headphones, MPS recorders, watch calculators, calculators, books, book bags, rulers, dictionaries, food/candy, and beverages, unless otherwise noted in test instructions or documented medical situations).
- Communication with others in the testing room is prohibited.
- If seen conversing with others your test will be confiscated.
- The privacy and confidentiality of all our clients personal information is critical.
- The Testing Center does not maintain personal files on candidate; nor is this information released to any third party or agency on any client who receives service at the Testing Center.
- No examinee is permitted access to any area of the Testing Center that contains secure test material or equipment.
- Examinees will be continuously monitored by the test administrator or proctor and by video recording.
- Children are not permitted in the Testing Center rooms during testing or to be left unattended while testing is in progress.
- Examinees must report to the Testing Center site at least 15-30 minutes prior to test administration.
- Exam passwords will be entered by proctor. They will not be given to the examinee.
- Alabama State University (ASU) is a smoke-free campus.
- Eating or drinking is NOT allowed in the Testing Center Labs.
Rescheduling, Cancellations, Missed Appointments and Refunds
All testing fees paid directly to Alabama State University's Testing Center are non-refundable and non-transferable. This includes canceling due to arriving more than 30 minutes late, rescheduling for another test date, or missing your scheduled appointment. You may reschedule the test, but testing fees are due before you complete your online Proctor Registration Form. If you scheduled your test directly through an exam agency, such as ETS, please contact that exam agency regarding their policies.
University Testing Center Inclement Weather Policy
In the event of bad weather, Testing Services will close only if Alabama State University's entire campus is closed. You can check ASU's closing status at www.alasu.edu or any major news outlets. If you do not see a notice that Alabama State University is closed on that page, then Alabama State is open, as is the Testing Center. This is in effect for all testing, including weekend tests.
If you want to reschedule a test due to unsafe driving conditions, and the Testing Center is still open, please call us at (334) 229-4385 for information on how to do so. We cannot guarantee test refunds or waiving of rescheduling fees if you cannot make it for a test for which you have pre-paid.
If the Testing Center is closed, you will receive a phone call from the staff of the Testing Center within 2 business days of the Testing Center's re-opening.
Along with ASU's Today page, Facebook and Twitter, you can learn more about how the weather will impact your assessment date by reaching out to the following resources below:
- WVAS Radio 90.7 or wvasfm.org
- University Police (334-229-4400)