Welcome to the Office of Payroll Services.
Department Mission Statement
Alabama State University Payroll Department is a dedicated team of professionals committed to paying University employees on-time and accurately; to providing University employees with excellence in customer service and to supporting University efforts to achieve its mission.
- Accuracy/Timeliness - We pay all employees (student, bi-weekly, or monthly) correctly as determined by the payroll certification schedules.
- Trust/Accountability - We will always behave in a manner that deserves your trust and your respect.
- Honesty - We are truthful in all we say and do. And, we are consistent in our application of policies and procedures for individual employees.
- Teamwork - We will always work together to support the needs of the students, employees, departments, divisions and each other. Our efforts will always support the University's initiatives to achieve its mission and goals.
Kimberly Black, Payroll Director
Shira Russell, Payroll Specialist
- Direct Deposit Inquiry
Sharon Hood, Senior Payroll Specialist
- Federal Work Study Students
Michelle Cooper, Payroll Coordinator
- 20-hour Students
- Employee Deductions
To access your online information:
My Hornets Access
User ID: Employee number
Password: (Contact the Office of Technology Services Help Desk – 229-4560)
Access to ASU Human Resources
- Payroll and Compensation
- View Paycheck (Current YTD)
- Direct Deposit
- Compensation History
- W-4 Tax Information
- View W-2
- W-2 Consent