Accuplacer Placement Test
THE NEXT-GENERATION ACCUPLACER® PLACEMENT TEST
Congratulations on your acceptance to Alabama State University! To ensure that our students are academically prepared and successful during their first year at ASU and beyond, all incoming freshmen are required to take the Next-Generation ACCUPLACER® Placement Test. IF YOU ARE A TRANSFER STUDENT (including Dual Enrollment) with 24 or more accepted credit hours and/or have completed the equivalent of English 131 and English 132 and College-level Math, then you are EXEMPT from taking the ACCUPLACER. If you have any questions concerning ACCUPLACER EXEMPTION please contact, Ms. Carolyn Stevens at (334) 229-8394 or email@example.com.
The purpose of the Next-Generation ACCUPLACER® tests is to assist institutions in placing test takers into appropriate college-level courses. The Next-Generation ACCUPLACER® is a computer-adaptive comprehensive battery of tests designed to assess students’ skills levels in Reading, Writing, and Math.
BEFORE YOU REGISTER FOR THE ACCUPLACER ASSESSMENT
Upon your acceptance to ASU please follow the steps below to register for the test:
- Register for the New Student Orientation by going to https://www.alasu.edu/current-students/new-student-virtual-orientation-2021. Students who are not registered for the New Student Orientation will not be given a voucher to take the test.
- Register for the Next-Generation ACCUPLACER® ACCUPLACER Registration Form
- Wait to receive voucher information via your email about your designated location to take the test*
*Due to COVID-19, until further notice, all test takers will be tested remotely using Zoom. You must have access to a computer (desktop or laptop) with a webcam and audio capabilities.
Upon registering for the ACCUPLACER, Zoom test takers will receive an email that has the following information:
- Zoom Meeting URL
- The meeting password
- The meeting ID
- A voucher number to start your test. Be sure to write this down
BEFORE YOU TAKE THE ACCUPLACER ASSESSMENT
Prior to your designated ZOOM testing appointment, complete the following steps:
- Go to the Zoom website, download, and install Zoom:
- To check that Zoom was set up correctly, click here: https://www.zoom.us/test. Please use the
option to join with video.
- Check that your computer can run ACCUPLACER by here:
- Prepare for the test by going to the ACCUPLACER resource site and downloading the FREE Study AP
|Accuplacer Resource||Accuplacer Study AP|
ENGLISH STUDY GUIDE
MATH STUDY GUIDE
READING STUDY GUIDE
|ACCUPLACER ENGLISH||ACCUPLACER MATH||ACCUPLACER READING|
5 THINGS TO DO and KNOW ON THE DAY OF THE ACCUPLACER ASSESSMENT
On the day of the test please do the following tasks:
- Be sure to have your photo ID ready. You will need to show it to your proctor.
- Calculators are not allowed unless you have a prescribed accommodation.
- Sit in a quiet place where you will be undisturbed while testing.
- Clear a workspace for your monitor, mouse, keyboard, blank scratch paper, and pencil.
- All other items must be removed from your table/desk.
THINGS TO KNOW AFTER THE ACCUPLACER ASSESSMENT
- All test scores will be available immediately upon the completion of the tests.
- Scores will be used to place students according to the following placement scales.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Dr. Cynthia Swain (334) 229-4864 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO INTERPRET YOUR ACCUPLACER ASSESSMENT
Alabama State University
ACCUPLACER PLACEMENT SCORES
(Effective Summer 2020)
|ENGLISH Course Placement||ACCUPLACER|
|ENG 130||Basic College English I||Below 249 (writing)|
|ENG 131||English Composition||249 and above (writing)|
|MATH Course Placement||ACCUPLACER|
|MAT 130||Intermediate Algebra I||239 and below|
|MAT 136||Finite Mathematics||240 - 252|
|MAT 137||Pre-Calculus Algebra||253 - 265|
|MAT 165||Pre-Calculus Trigonometry||264 - 276|
|MAT 265||Calculus & Analytic Geometry I||277 and above|
|READING Course Placement||ACCUPLACER|
|REA 130||College Reading Enhancement II||236 and below|
|REA 132||College Reading Enhancement III||237–249|
|Exempt||250 and above|
If you have any questions, please contact
Dr. Cynthia Swain,