SHREE R. SINGH, Ph.D.
Professor of Microbiology
Center for NanoBiotechnology Research
B. S. 1985 Agril. Sci. N D University, U.P., India
M. S. 1987 Genetics N D University, U.P., India
M. S. 1993 Biology Alabama State University, Montgomery, AL
Ph. D. 2001 Microbiology Auburn University, Auburn, AL
2007-Present Director, Center for NanoBiotechnology Research
2010-Present Professor of Microbiology, Alabama State University, Montgomery, AL
2010-Present Adjunct Professor of Microbiology, Univ. of Alabama-Birmingham, AL
2008-2010 Acting Chair, Dept. of Biol. Sciences, Alabama State University, Montgomery, AL
2008-2010 Assoc. Prof. Microbiology, Alabama State University, Montgomery, AL
2006-2008 Associate Prof Biology/Dir. Res., Alabama State University, Montgomery, AL
Summer 2005 Visiting faculty, Johns Hopkins University-School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
2002-06 Assistant Professor of Biology/Director of Research and Training
1994-2002 Coordinator of Biology Labs/Instructor, Alabama State University, Montgomery, AL
1996-2001 Graduate research student, Auburn University, Auburn, AL
Summer 1992 Research Assistant, Medical College Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
• Secured over $ 30 million in federal funds (as PI and co-PI) for research, student training and infrastructure at ASU.
• Established world-class instrumentation in new life science building through federal funds over $5 million.
• Established and started a statewide NanoBio summit in 2013.
• Provided vision and helped establish a new College of Science, Mathematics and Technology at ASU.
• Provided vision and helped establish Office of Research and Sponsored Programs at ASU
• Started Science@ASU magazine in 2006.
• Started STEM faculty of the year award at ASU in 2006.
• Started a new Journal of Nanogenomics and Nanomedicine in 2012.
• Mentored and graduated first PhD in Microbiology students at ASU.
• Formed research/educational partnerships with over 15 institutions in the US.
• Formed collaborations with institutions in India, China, Argentina, Ethiopia and UK.
• Consistently promoted accomplishments of scientific research at ASU through local news media including TV stations and newspapers (Over 10 news on TV).
• Participated in Governor’s delegation to China (2008) representing Alabama State University.
• Invited and hosted former President of India (Dr. APJ Kalam) to ASU in 2009.
• Hosted senators, congressmen and other dignitaries at Center and Life Science Building.
• Assisted with Governor’s delegation to India, 2010 and lead MoU development with four institutions/companies in India with Alabama State University.
HONORS & AWARDS
University Gold Medal 1985
National Scholarship 1982-85
Sigma Xi, Scientific Research Society 1997
Thurgood Marshall Award in Faculty
Research at 10th Annual Conference 2009
American Society for Microbiology
American Society for Virology
American Association for the Advancement of Science
MBRS-RISE program at ASU
US Dept. Education (P120A150008)
Increasing Minority Access to NanoBiotechnology and
Emerging Science and Technology in Alabama
Development of Safe Nanomaterials for Biological
NIH-1 R21 AI111159-01
Mechanisms and protective efficacy of nanovaccines against Chlamydia trachomatis
PI: Vida A. Dennis
8/1/2014 - 7/31/2016
Co-PI: Shree R. Singh
NSF-CREST (HRD# 1241701)
Center for Nanobiotechnology Research
Role: Program Director
NSF-HBCU-UP (HRD# 1135863)
Computational Biology and NanoBiotechnology
Undergraduate Research and Education (CNURE)
Role: Program Director
PAST FUNDING (COMPLETED PROJECTS)
NSF-MRI (1038671) (Co-PI)
Acquisition of a Roche/454 GS-Jr for research and training
NSF-CREST (HRD# 0734232)
Center for Nanobiotechnology Research
Role: Program Director
NSF-HBCU-UP Award # 0505872
Strengthening Undergraduate STEM Programs at ASU
Role: Program Director
Swept-Laser Spectroscopic System for Gold Nanoparticle
US Dept. Commerce-NIST
Microbiology building at ASU
McCladdy and Singh
NSF RII-EPSCoR Alabama Cyber Connections in Nanotech and Biosensors
NIH-NIGMS (Singh); 2S06 GM008219-200012
Development of a DNA vaccine against RSV.
National Institutes of Health (NCMHD); 1P20 MD000547-1
Biomedical Research Infrastructure at Alabama State University
National Institutes of Health (NCMHD); 5R24MD000147-02
ASU-UAB EXPORT Project REAP
U. S. Dept. of Education (MSEIP)
Improving Science Education through Technology Training.
Role: Project Director
U. S. Dept. of Education (MSEIP);
Developing Molecular Biology Teaching Laboratory
Role: Project Director
U. S. Dept. of Education (MSEIP)
Developing Multimedia classroom to teach Science Courses
Role: Associate Project Director
Exploring Biology in the Laboratory 3rd Ed., 2003; 1999; 1997
Shree R. Singh and Karyn D. Scissum-Gunn
McGraw Hill Company.
Biology; 7th Ed. by Raven, Johnson, Singer and Losos, McGraw Hill
Inquiry into Life Lab manual 10th Ed. By Sylvia Mader, McGraw Hill
National Science Foundation-CCLI/URM/MRI/HBCU-UP/CREST Panels
National Institutes of Health-F-32 Study section
US Department of Education
NASA-Harriett G. Jenkins-Pre-doctoral Fellowship Program
Journal of Nanogenomics and Nanomedicine, Editor-in-chief; Started the journal from scratch
Journal of Nanomedicine and Nanotechnology
Journal of Virological Methods
Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology
University of Pennsylvania, January 19, 2009; Clark Atlanta University, March 27, 2009
DY Patil University, Mumbai, India, February 17-20, 2009; IIT Chennai, India, February 17-20, 2009; Hudson Alpha Institute for Biotechnology, 2009; NIPER, Punjab, India, August 10, 2009; BIO 2009 India Pavilion, NSF-JAM 2009; Brigham Young University, September 2010; University of South Alabama, September 2011; Indo-Global Summit, November 2-10, 2011; Virology world congress, August 20-22, 2012; Indo-American Education Summit, February 2-5, 2013 India; SPS Univ. Udaipur, India, February 8, 2013.
Aston University, June, 2014
University of Putra, Malaysia, August, 2014
ADVISORY BOARD MEMBER /PROGRAM EVALUATOR
2008-Present University of Pennsylvania NSF-NSEC (Nano/Bio Center)
2011-2016 Savannah State University NIH-RIMI
2008-2013 Southern University-Shreveport NSF-HBCU-UP
2007-2012 Southern University-Shreveport NIH-RIMI
2007-2012 Virginia State University NIH-RIMI
2004-2011 Albany State University NIH-RIMI
2007-2012 Tougaloo College NIH-RIMI
2000-2010 Univ. Texas-Brownsville US Dept. Education-HEP
2005-2010 Virginia State University NSF-HBCU-UP
2003-2006 Miles College US-Health and Human Services-HCOP
2001-2004 Miles College US Dept. Education
RESEARCH TRAINING (Students/research staff)
Graduate Students (MS): Kara Hulett, Stacie Sturdivant, Charee Bennett, Naomi Abrams, Clifford Youngblood, Maiya Moore, Angel Hundley, Courtney Bell, Kasha Casey
Graduate Students (PhD): Praseetha Subbarayan, Seyhan Boyglu, Pooja Tiwari, Erdal Eroglu
Research Assistants/Associates: Faye Evans, Ehtesham Haque, Kara Hulett, Christina Carter, Ronda Bibbs
Post-doctoral Research Associates: S.R. Pillai, M. Chilakapati, Akhilesh Kumar, Hongzuan Wu, Komal Vig, Lekha Adiani, Sapna Jain, Minakshi Grover, Praseetha Subbarayan, Murtada, Taha, Sandhya Vardharajula, Saurabh Dixit, Sayeda Kauser
1. Jesus Valdez, Swapnil Bawage, Idalia Gomez, Shree Singh. 2016. Facile and rapid detection of respiratory syncytial virus using metallic nanoparticles. J. Nanobiotechnology 14:13; DOI: 10.1186/s12951-016-0167-z
2. Atul A. Chaudhari, Jacob Coppage-Gross, Krishnaswamy K. Rangan, Vincent C Onyilo, T. S. Sudarshan, Shree R. Singh & Shreekumar R. Pillai. 2015. Multi-Functionally Modified Superhydrophobic Aluminium and Fabric Surfaces with Reduced Gram-Negative and Gram-Positive Bacterial Attachment: A Possible Approach for Self-Cleaning Aircraft and Crew Cabin Surfaces, Materials and Manufacturing Processes, DOI: 10.1080/10426914.2015.1093137
3. Dosunmu E, Chaudhari AA, Singh SR, Dennis VA, Pillai SR. 2015. Silver-coated carbon nanotubes downregulate the expression of Pseudomonas aeruginosa virulence genes: a potential mechanism for their antimicrobial effect. Int J Nanomedicine. 2015 Aug 5;10:5025-34. doi: 10.2147/IJN.S85219.
4. Hongtao Hu , Aaron M. Rashotte, Narendra K. Singh, David B. Weaver, Leslie R. Goertzen, Shree R. Singh, and Robert D. Locy. 2015. The complexity of post-transcriptional small RNA regulatory networks revealed by in silico analysis of Gossypium arboreum L. leaf, flower and boll small regulatory RNAs. PLOS One. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0127468
5. S. Arora, N. Tyagi, A. Bhardwaj, L. Rusu, R. Palanki, K. Vig. SR Singh, AP Singh, S. Palanki, ME Miller, JE Cater, S. Singh. 2015. Silver nanoparticles protect human keratinocytes against UVB radiation-induced DNA damage and apoptosis: potential for prevention of skin carcinogenesis. Nanomedicine. 2015 Jul;11(5):1265-75. doi: 10.1016/j.nano.2015.02.024.
6. Atul A Chaudhari, Shanese L Jasper, Ejovwoke Dosunmu, Michael E Miller, Robert D Arnold, Shree R Singh and Shreekumar Pillai. 2015. Novel pegylated silver coated carbon nanotubes kill Salmonella but they are non-toxic to eukaryotic cells. J. Nanobiotechnology 2015, 13:23 doi:10.1186/s12951-015-0085-5
7. Bibbs RK, Harris RD, Peoples VA, Barnett C, Singh SR, Dennis VA, Coats MT. 2014. Silver polyvinyl pyrrolidone nanoparticles exhibit a capsular polysaccharide influenced bactericidal effect against Streptococcus pneumoniae. Front Microbiol. 2014 Dec 3;5:665. doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2014.00665.
8. P. M. Tiwari, S. S. Bawage and S. R. Singh. 2014. Gold nanoparticles and their applications in photomedicine, diagnosis and therapy. In: Applications of Nanoscience in Photomedicine edited by Michael R Hamblin and Pinar Avci. London: Woodhead Publishing.
9. Tiwari, PM, Erdal Eroglu, Swapnil S. Bawage, Komal Vig, Michael E. Miller, Shreekumar Pillai, Vida A. Dennis, Shree R. Singh. 2014. Enhanced intracellular translocation and biodistribution of gold nanoparticles functionalized with a cell-penetrating peptide (VG-21) from vesicular stomatitis virus. Biomaterials. 2014 Nov;35(35):9484-94. doi: 10.1016/j.biomaterials.2014.07.032.
10. Dixit S, Singh SR, Yilma AN, Agee RD, Taha M, Dennis VA. 2014. Poly(lactic acid)-poly(ethylene glycol) nanoparticles provide sustained delivery of a Chlamydia trachomatis recombinant MOMP peptide and potentiate systemic adaptive immune responses in mice. Nanomedicine. 2014 Mar 4. pii: S1549-9634(14)00044-6. doi: 10.1016/j.nano.2014.02.009.
11. Michael W. Chien, Robert R. Johnson, Shreekumar R. Pillai, Shree Ram Singh, and A. T. Charlie Johnson, Jr. 2014. Mechanics and Energetics of DNA Hybridization on Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes Explored Using Adaptive Biasing Force Calculations. J. Phys. Chem. C 2014, 118, 2209−2214; dx.doi.org/10.1021/jp4102288.
12. P.M. Tiwari, E. Eroglu, S. Boyoglu-Barnum, Q. He, G.A. Willing, K. Vig, V.A. Dennis, S.R. Singh. 2014. Atomic force microscopic investigation of respiratory syncytial virus infection in HEp-2 cells. J. Microscopy. 253(1):31-41. doi:10.1111/jmi.12095
13. Swapnil Bawage, Pooja Tiwari, Shreekumar R. Pillai, Vida A. Dennis and Shree R. Singh. 2013. Recent Advances in Diagnosis, Prevention and Treatment of Human Respiratory Syncytial Virus. 2013. Adv. Virol. Article ID 595768, 26 pages, 2013. doi:10.1155/2013/595768.
14. Cemil Boyoglu, Qingwen He, Gerold Willing, Seyhan Boyoglu-Barnum, Vida A. Dennis, Shreekumar R. Pillai and Shree R. Singh. 2013. Microscopic studies of various sizes of gold nanoparticles and their cellular localization. ISRN Nanotechnology, Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 123838, 13 pages, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/123838
15. Yilma AN, Singh SR, Morici L, Dennis VA. 2013. Flavonoid Naringenin: A Potential Immunomodulator for Chlamydia trachomatis Inflammation. Mediators Inflamm. 2013;2013:102457. doi: 10.1155/2013/102457.
16. Fairley SJ, Singh SR, Yilma AN, Waffo AB, Subbarayan P, Dixit S, Taha MA, Cambridge CD, Dennis VA. 2013. Chlamydia trachomatis recombinant MOMP encapsulated in PLGA nanoparticles triggers primarily T helper 1 cellular and antibody immune responses in mice: a desirable candidate nanovaccine. Int J Nanomedicine. 2013;8:2085-99. doi: 10.2147/IJN.S44155.
17. Cambridge CD, Singh SR, Waffo AB, Fairley SJ, Dennis VA. 2013. Formulation, characterization, and expression of a recombinant MOMP Chlamydia trachomatis DNA vaccine encapsulated in chitosan nanoparticles. Int J Nanomedicine. 2013;8:1759-71. doi: 10.2147/IJN.S42723.
18. Erdal Eroglu, Pooja M. Tiwari, Alain B. Waffo, Michael E. Miller, Komal Vig, Vida A. Dennis, Shree R. Singh. 2013. A Nonviral pHEMA+Chitosan Nanospheres Mediated High-Efficiency Gene Delivery System. Intl. J. Nanomedicine. 2013;8:1403-15. doi: 10.2147/IJN.S43168.
19. Vijaya K. Rangari, Nydeia W. Bolden, Shaik Jeelani, Seyhan Boyoglu and Shree R. Singh. 2013. Synthesis and evaluation of magnetic nanoparticles for biomedical applications. J. Nanoparticles. ID 370812, 9 pages, 2013. doi:10.1155/2013/370812.
20. Vardharajula S, Ali SZ, Tiwari PM, Eroğlu E, Vig K, Dennis VA, Singh SR. 2012. Functionalized carbon nanotubes: biomedical applications. Int J Nanomedicine. 2012;7:5361-74. doi: 10.2147/IJN.S35832
21. Sapna Jain, Shree R Singh, Daniel W Horn, Virginia A Davis, Manoj Kumar Ram and Shreekumar Pillai. 2012. Development of an Antibody Functionalized Carbon Nanotube Biosensor for Foodborne Bacterial Pathogens. J Biosens Bioelectron S11:002. doi: 10.4172/2155-6210.S11-002
22. Sapna Jain, Shree R. Singh, Shreekumar Pillai 2012. Toxicity Issues Related to Biomedical Applications of Carbon Nanotubes. J Nanomed Nanotechol 3:140. doi:10.4172/2157-7439.1000140.
23. Aarti Gautam, Saurabh Dixit, Monica Embers, Rajeev Gautam, Mario T. Philipp1, Shree R. Singh, Lisa Morici, and Vida A. Dennis. 2012. Different Patterns of Expression and of IL-10 Modulation of Pro-Inflammatory Mediators from Macrophages of Lyme Disease-Resistant and Disease-Susceptible Mice. PLoS ONE 7(9): e43860. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0043860.
24. Murtada A Taha, Shree R Singh and Vida A Dennis. 2012. Biodegradable PLGA85/15 nanoparticles as a delivery vehicle for Chlamydia trachomatis recombinant MOMP-187 peptide. Nanotechnology 23 (2012) 325101 (13pp) doi:10.1088/0957-4484/23/32/325101
25. Abebayehu N. Yilma, Shree R. Singh, Stacie J. Fairley, Murtada M. Taha and Vida A. Dennis. 2012. The Anti-inflammatory Cytokine, Interleukin-10 Inhibits Inflammatory Mediators in Human Epithelial Cells and Mouse Macrophages Exposed to Live and UV-Inactivated Chlamydia trachomatis. Mediators of Inflammation. 2012;2012:520174.
26. Seyhan Boyoglu-Barnum, Praseetha Subbarayan, Komal Vig, Shreekumar Pillai, Vida A. Dennis, Shree R. Singh. 2012. Nano-encapsulated DNA and/or protein boost immunizations increase efficiency of DNA vaccine protection against RSV. J. Nanomed. Nanotechnol. Volume 3, Issue 2 1000132
27. Subbiah Alwarappan, Ashok Kumar, Shree R Singh, ShreekumarPillai, Shyam Mohapatra. 2012. Direct Electrochemistry of Glucose Oxidase at a Gold Electrode Modified with Graphene Nanosheets. Analyt. Lett. 45:7, 746-753
28. Nidhi Joshi, Subbiah Alwarappan, M.K. Ram, Shree R Singh, Shreekumar Pillai and Ashok Kumar. 2011. Gold nanoparticles modified glassy carbon electrodes as electrochemical biosensors. Advanced Sci. Lett. 5 (1): 131-134.
29. Murtada A. Taha, Shree R. Singh, Kara Hulett, Shreekumar R. Pillai, Ronald Agee, Vida A. Dennis. 2011. A peptide containing T-cell epitopes of Chlamydia trachomatis recombinant MOMP induces systemic and mucosal antibody responses in mice. World J. Vaccine. 1, 138-147.
30. Mitchell Lerner, Brett Goldsmith, Ronald McMillon, Jennifer Dailey, Shreekumar Pillai, Shree R. Singh, A.T. Charlie Johnson. 2011. A Carbon Nanotube Immunosensor for Salmonella. AIP Advances 1, 042127 (2011); doi:10.1063/1.3658573
31. Aarti Gautam, Saurabh Dixit, Mario Philipp, Shree Singh, Lisa Morici, Deepak Kaushal, and Vida Dennis. 2011. Interleukin-10 Alters Effector Functions of Multiple Genes Induced by Borrelia burgdorferi in Macrophages to Regulate Lyme Disease Inflammation. Infect. Immun. 79(12):4876-92.
32. Jessica E. Weber, ShreekumarPillai, Manoj Kumar Ram, Ashok Kumar, Shree R. Singh. 2011. “Electrochemical Impedance-Based DNA Sensor Using a Modified Single Walled Carbon Nanotubes Electrode”. Materials Science and Engineering C. doi:10.1016/j.msec.2010.12.009 2.
33. Pooja M. Tiwari, Komal Vig, Vida A. Dennis, Shree R. Singh. 2011. Functionalized gold nanoparticles and their biomedical applications. Nanomaterials 2011, 1, 31-63; doi:10.3390/nano1010031
34. Hongzhuan Wu, Karyn Scissum-Gunn, Shree R Singh, Narendra K Singh, Shan-Chia Ou, Joseph J Giambrone. 2011. A DNA vaccine against an H1N1 avian influenza virus induced humoral and cell-mediated immunity in SPF chickens. J. Biotech Res. 3: 27-36.
35. Murtada Taha, Shree R. Singh, Chelsea Butler, Elijah Nyairo, Vida A. Dennis. 2011. “Characterization of rMOMP-187 Peptide Encapsulated in PLGA 50:50 Nanoparticles”. Proceedings of NSTI Nanotechnology Conference and Trade Show, June 13-16, 2011, Boston, MA.
36. Cemil Boyoglu, Seyhan Boyoglu-Barnum, Shivani Soni, Qingwen He, Gerold Willing, Michael E. Miller, Shree R. Singh. 2011. “The Intracellular Co-localizations of Different Size of Gold Nanoparticles”. Proceedings of NSTI Nanotechnology Conference and Trade Show, June 13-16, 2011, Boston, MA.
37. Abebayehu N. Yilma, Shree R. Singh, Taha A. Murtada, Stacie Fairley, Praseetha Subbarayan, Vida A. Dennis. 2011. “Evidence of the Anti-Inflammatory Effect of Silver-polyvinly Pyrrolidone Nanoparticles (Ag-PVP) in Chlamydia trachomatis Infected Macrophages and HeLa Cells”. Proceedings of NSTI Nanotechnology Conference and Trade Show, June 13-16, 2011, Boston, MA.
38. Praseetha Subbarayan, Vida A. Dennis, Carnella Lee, Elijah Nyairo, and Shree R. Singh. 2011. “Encapsulation and in vitro Characterization of Protein in PLGA-chitosan Nanoparticles for Efficient Protein Delivery”. Proceedings of NSTI Nanotechnology Conference and Trade Show, June 13-16, 2011, Boston, MA.
39. Seyhan Boyoglu, K. Vig, A. Pfendt, S. Pillai, G. Willing, and S. Singh. 2009. “Inhibitory Effects of Gold and Silver Nanoparticles on RSV Studied by Atomic Force Microscopy”. Proceedings of Nanotech Conference and Expo 2009. Houston, TX May 3-7, 2009
40. Komal Vig, S. Boyoglu, V. Rangari, S. Pillai, and S. Singh. 2009. “Respiratory Syncytial Virus Inhibition by Gold and Titanium Nanoparticles”. Proceedings of Nanotech Conference and Expo 2009. Houston, TX May 3-7, 2009
41. Lekha Adiani, P. Subbarayan, S. Boyoglu, K. Vig, S. Pillai, V. Rangari, and S. R. Singh. 2009. “Silver Coated Carbon Nanotubes Inhibit RSV Infection”. Proceedings of Nanotech Conference and Expo 2009. Houston, TX, May 3-7, 2009
42. Komal Vig, S. Boyoglu, V. Rangari, L. Sun, A. Singh, S. Pillai, and S.R. Singh. 2008. “Use of Nanoparticles as Therapy for Respiratory Syncytial Virus Inhibition”. Proceedings of NSTI Nanotechnology Conference and Trade Show June 1-5, 2008, Boston, MA.
43. Seyhan Boyoglu, K. Vig, V. Rangari, S. Pillai, V. Dennis, and S.R. Singh. 2008. “Evaluation of Nanoencapsulated DNA vaccine for RSV”. Proceedings of NSTI Nanotechnology Conference and Trade Show, June 1-5, 2008, Boston, MA.
44. Subbiah Alwarappan, ShreekumarPillai, Shree R Singh, Ashok Kumar. 2011. Graphene based biosensors and gas sensors. Chapter in “Graphene: Synthesis & Applications". Published by Taylor and Francis Books / CRC Press, Edited by Prof WonBong Choi and Prof J-W. Lee.
45. Subbiah Alwarappan and Shree R. Singh. 2011. Biological and Biomedical Coatings Handbook. 2011. Editor: Sam Zhang. Chapter 3: Biological and Biomedical Coatings: Applications.
46. Komal Vig, Pooja M. Tiwari, Michael E. Miller, Shivani Soni, Shree R. Singh. 2011. Apoptotic Effects of Nanoparticles on Human Cell Lines. Biophysical Journal, Volume 100, Issue 3, Supplement 1, 2 February 2011, Page 39a
47. Courtnee' R. Bell, Cleon Barnett, Shreekumar Pillai, Angel Hundley, Komal Vig, Vida Dennis, Shree Singh. 2011. Detection of Salmonella from Food using UV-Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy. Biophysical Journal, Volume 100, Issue 3, Supplement 1, 2 February 2011, Page 488
48. Angel Hundley, Shreekumar Pillai, Courtnee' Bell, Komal Vig, Michael Miller, Vijaya Ranagari, Shree Singh. 2011. Antibacterial and Ultra Microscopic Studies of Salmonella Inhibited by Silver Coated Carbon Nanotubes. Biophysical Journal, Volume 100, Issue 3, Supplement 1, 2 February 2011, Page 487
49. C. Barnett, C. Bell, K. Vig, C. Akpovo, L. Johnson, S. Pillai, S. Singh. 2011. Development of a LIBS assay for the detection of Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium from food. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry. 400 (10): 3323-3330. DOI: 10.1007/s00216-011-4844-3.
50. Jessica E. Weber, Shreekumar Pillai, Manoj Kumar Ram, Ashok Kumar, Shree R. Singh. 2011. “Electrochemical Impedance-Based DNA Sensor Using a Modified Single Walled Carbon Nanotubes Electrode”. Materials Science and Engineering C. Vol. 31, Issue 5, pp 821-825.
51. Adam Pfendt, Seyhan Boyoglu, Lijian Chen, Shree Singh and Gerold Willing. 2011. Adhesion and Mechanical Properties of RSV Infected Human Epithelial Cells. J. Adhesion Sci. Technol. 25:521–535.
52. P. Subbarayan, H. Qin, S. Pillai, J. J. Lee, A. P. Pfendt, G. Willing, M. E. Miller, V. A. Dennis, S. R. Singh. 2010. Expression and characterization of a multivalent human respiratory syncytial protein. Mol. Biol. Vol. 44: 420-30.
53. Vijay K Rangari, Ghouse M Mohammad, Shaik Jeelani, Angel Hundley, Komal Vig, Shree Ram Singh and Shreekumar Pillai. 2010. Synthesis of Ag/CNT hybrid nanoparticles and fabrication of their Nylon-6 polymer nanocomposite fibers for antimicrobial applications. Nanotechnology 21 No 9.
54. Komal Vig, Seyhan Boyoglu, Vijaya Rangari, Michael Miller, Shreekumar Pillai, Shree R. Singh. 2010. Respiratory Syncytial Virus Interactions with Nanoparticles Using Transmission Electron Microscopy. Biophysical J. 98, Issue 3, Supplement 1, Page 655a.
55. Seyhan Boyoglu, Komal Vig, Adam Pfendt, Shreekumar Pillai, Gerold A. Willing, Shree R. Singh. 2010. Analysis of Gold Nanoparticles Effect on RSV Using AFM. Biophysical J. Vol 98, Issue 3, Supplement 1, Page 192a
56. Vig Komal, N. Lewis, Eddie G. Moore, Shreekumar Pillai, Vida A. Dennis, Shree R. Singh. 2009. Secondary RNA structure and its role in RNA interference to silence the respiratory syncytial virus fusion protein gene. Mol. Biotechnol. 43:200-11
57. Boyoglu S., K. Vig, S. Pillai, V. Rangari, V. A. Dennis, F. Khazi, S. R. Singh. 2009. Enhanced Delivery and Expression of a Nanoencapsulated DNA Vaccine Vector for RSV. Nanomedicine. Nanomedicine. 5:463-72.
58. Hongzhuan Wu , K. Williams, S. R. Singh, K. Scissum-Gunn, N K Singh, D. Teresa, J. J Giambrone. 2009. Integrity of a Recombinant Hemagglutinin Protein of an Avian Influenza Virus. Biotechnol. Lett. 31: 1511-17.
59. H Wu, V. A. Dennis, S. R. Pillai, S. R. Singh. 2009. RSV Fusion (F) protein DNA vaccine provides partial protection against viral infection. Virus Res. 145:39-47.
60. Vig K., R. Herzog, D. Martin, E.G. Moore, V.A. Dennis, S. Pillai, S.R. Singh. 2008. Recombinant adeno-associated virus as vaccine delivery vehicles. Gene Ther Mol Biol. 12: 277-292.
61. Komal Vig, S. Boyoglu, V. Rangari, L. Sun, A. Singh, S. Pillai, and S. R. Singh. 2008. “Use of Nanoparticles as Therapy for Respiratory Syncytial Virus Inhibition”. Proceedings of NSTI Nanotechnology Conference and Trade Show June 1-5, 2008, Boston, MA.
62. Seyhan Boyoglu, K. Vig, V. Rangari, S. Pillai, V. Dennis, and S.R. Singh. 2008. “Evaluation of Nanoencapsulated DNA vaccine for RSV”. Proceedings of NSTI Nanotechnology Conference and Trade Show, June 1-5, 2008, Boston, MA.
63. Sun, Lova, A. K. Singh, K. Vig, S. R. Pillai, S. R. Singh. 2008. Silver Nanoparticles Inhibit Replication of Respiratory Syncytial Virus. J. Biomed. Nanotechnol. 4:149-158.
64. Lee, K. G., S. R. Pillai, S. R. Singh, G. A. Willing. 2008. The investigation of Protein A and Salmonella antibody adsorption onto biosensor surfaces by atomic force microscopy. Biotechnol. Bioeng. 99:949-59.
65. Singh, S. R., V. A. Dennis, C. L. Carter, S. R. Pillai, A. Jefferson, S. V. Sahi, E. G. Moore. 2007. Immunogenicity and efficacy of recombinant RSV-F vaccine in a mouse model. Vaccine 25:6211-6223.
66. Singh, S. R., V. A. Dennis, C. L. Carter, S. R. Pillai, E. G. Moore. 2007. Respiratory Syncytial Virus Recombinant F protein (residues 255-278) induces a helper T cell type 1 immune response in mice. Viral Immunol. 20 (2): 261-75.
67. Zekri, S., A. Kumar, S.R. Singh, A. Kumar. 2007. Analysis of mesocavity DNA biochip for respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) diagnosis. J. Biomed. Nanotechnol. 3 (2):139-147.
68. Dennis, V.A., A. Jefferson, S.R. Singh, F. Ganapamo, M.T. Phillip. 2006. Interleukin-10 anti-inflammatory response to Borrelia burgdorferi, the agent of Lyme disease: a possible role for suppression of cytokine signalling 1 and 3. Infect. Immun. 74 (10):5780-89.
69. Ruley, A. T., N. C. Sharma, S. V. Sahi, S. R. Singh, K. S. Sajwan. 2006. Effects of lead and chelators on growth, photosynthetic activity and Pb uptake in Sesbania drummondii grown in soil. Environ. Poll. Vol. 144 (1):11-18.
70. Singh S. R., K. Hulett, S. R. Pillai, V. Dennis, K.M. Oh, K. Scissum-Gunn . 2006. Mucosal immunization with recombinant MOMP genetically linked with modified cholera toxin confers protection against Chlamydia trachomatis infection. Vaccine Vol. 24:1213-24.
71. Sahi, S.V., N. L. Bryant, J. M., N. C. Sharma and S. R. Singh. 2002. Characterization of a lead hyperaccumulator shrub, Sesbania drummondii. Environ. Sci. Technol. Vol. 36 (21): 4676-80.
72. Singh, S.P., S.R. Singh, Y.U. Williams, L.D. Jones, and T. Abdullah. 1995. Antigenic determinants of the OmpC porin from Salmonella typhimurium. Infect. Immun. Vol. 63: 4600-4605.
73. Singh, S.P., Y. Upshaw, T. Abdullah, S.R. Singh and P.E. Klebba. 1992. Structural relatedness of enteric bacterial porin assessed with monoclonal antibodies to Salmonella typhimurium OmpD and OmpC. J. Bacteriol. Vol. 174: 1965-1973.
Arun Kumar, Ashok Kumar, Shree R. Singh, Souheil Zekri. 2011. DNA biochip and methods of use. Patent US 7,875,426; Issue Date- 1/25/2011
Shree-Ram Singh, Pooja Tiwari, Vida Dennis. 2014. Anti respiratory syncytial virus peptide functionalized gold nanoparticles. Patent US 8815295; Issue Date-August 26, 2014
Shree-Ram Singh, Vida A. Dennis, Praseetha Subbarayan, Yilma Abebayehu, Application no. 13/719,485; filing date 12/19/2012, Composition and processes for preparing nanoparticles containing Interleukin-10. Pending.
Over 370 presentations at regional, national and international conferences