Center for Leadership and Public Policy
The Center for Leadership and Public Policy works to improve the overall socioeconomic status of the citizens of Alabama and its neighbors by promoting greater cooperation and enhancing communication between academia and the community. The Center aggressively seeks opportunities to assist the private sector and government agencies in improving the lives of Alabama's citizens. In addition, the Center is an affiliate of the Alabama State Data Center and houses both historical and perspective Census information. The program's purpose is to improve access to and facilitate use of Census Bureau products and services by Alabama's residents, business people, and state and local government agencies and employees. The Center is committed to helping governmental decision makers and others increase their knowledge and understanding of key public policy issues confronting the state of Alabama.
Your Needs and Our Resources
♦ Know Your County data sheet (updated annually)
♦ Data Visualisations and Customized Maps
♦ Census Data and Population Estimates
♦ Voter Services and Redistricting
♦ Guides to Alabama's Elected Officials (updated every two years)
♦ Training and Support
♦ State-of-the-art conferencing facilities for meetings and training in our Downtown Montgomery office.
♦ Public Opinion Research and Needs Assessment Surveys.
The Center sponsors a number of programs and projects that make a difference in the community, including the Counties in Crisis: Assessing Quality of Life in Alabama and other significant reports and studies, demographic surveys, demographic and political maps for purchase, Guides to Alabama's Elected Officials, Bridge Builders Breakfast series, Korea Study Abroad Program, High School Math & Computing Olympiad and more.
Among the Center's past and current clients:
- Alabama Department of Senior Services
- Montgomery Area Community Action Committee
- Montgomery Area Mental Health Authority
- Macon Russell Community Action Agency, Inc.
- Gift of Life Foundation, Inc.
- Alabama Administrative Office of Courts
- Alabama Department of Public Health HIV/AIDS Division
- Alabama Department of Public Health - Bureau of Family Health Services Division
- Alabama Development Office
- Autauga County Commission
- Federal Highway Administration
- Montgomery County Commission
- Montgomery County School Board
- Alabama State Department of Education
- Elmore County Commission
- Alabama Department of Human Resources