Alabama State University (ASU) is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACS) to award bachelor’s, master’s, education specialist and doctorate degrees. Contact SACS at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Ga., 30033-4097, or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Alabama State University.
The University also is accredited by the following organizations and associations:
- The Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification (NASDTEC)
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE)
- Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM)
- Commission on Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- Council on Rehabilitation Education, Inc. (CORE)
- National Association of Schools of Theatre (NAST)
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
ASU is approved by the Alabama State Department of Education and its programs and credits are accepted for teacher certification.
In addition, ASU is approved by the Veterans Administration to provide educational programs authorized by Congress under several federal acts and those authorized by the state of Alabama under the Alabama G.I. and Dependents Benefit Act.