Alabama State University (ASU) is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award bachelor’s, master’s, education specialist and doctorate degrees. Questions about the accreditation of ASU may be directed in writing to SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Ga., 30033-4097, or by calling 404-679-4500 or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.SACSCOC.org).
Along with SACSCOC regional accreditation, the University also is accredited by the following specialized accrediting organizations and associations:
- The Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification (NASDTEC)
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE)
- Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM)
- Commission on Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- Council on Rehabilitation Education, Inc. (CORE)
- National Association of Schools of Theatre (NAST)
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
Substantive Change Policy & Procedures
Substantive change is defined by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) as a significant change in the nature and scope of an accredited institution. During an institution's decennial review, the Commission reviews all substantive changes to determine if the change has affected the quality of the institution, and to ensure that the institution continues to meet defined standards.
The Commission's Policy on Substantive Change describes the developments that it considers to be substantive changes and the procedure for reporting them.
In order to ensure timely reporting of actions requiring notification and approval from SACSCOC, Alabama State University has adopted a Board Approved Substantive Change Policy.
Substantive Change Links:
- ASU Substantive Change Policy & Procedures
- Substantive Changes Submitted and Approved By SACSCOC
SACSCOC Notifications and Institional Compliance Links:
- ASU Receives Reaffirmation of Accreditation from SACSCOC Announcement
- SACSCOC Reaffirmation
- 2020 Reaffirmation
- 2020-2025 Quality Enhancement Plan
- 2015 Fifth-Year Interim Report
- Student Achievement Metrics