2020 ASU Women of Excellence Announced
By Hazel Scott
Alabama State University’s 2020 Women of Excellence are on tap to be honored during the 2021 annual event.
ASU officials said the April 2020 event was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The annual awards, inspired by a 1983 article from ASU’s Hornets Tribune featuring the10 Most Prestigious Women, honor the accomplishments of 10 women who have achieved success in their own careers and demonstrated commitment to the success of other women and/or girls.
This year’s ASU Women of Excellence highlights nine women and one student for their service, leadership, strength and spirit of excellence.
Meet the 2020 honorees who join an elite group composed of ASU’s most influential women:
- Dr. Davida Haywood, Vice President of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
- Dr. Tanjula Petty, Interim Assistant Provost
- Dr. Sara Kiser, Professor in the College of Business Administration
- Dr. Audrey Napier, Associate Dean, CSTEM
- Dr. Evelyn Hodge, Dean of University College
- Eulys Hunt Jackson, Administrative Assistant in the Office of the President’s
- Anupa Ghimire, Student, Biology, CSTEM
- Dr. Ronda Westry, Director of Retention and A.C.E.S. Center
- Carolyn Stevens, Director of Academic Advisement
- Dr. Acquanetta Pinkard, Director of the Trio Program
The Women of Excellence Awards are sponsored by the Lyceum Committee, the Department of Language and Literature, and the National Center for the Study of Civil Rights and African-American Culture.