clipboard steeple boxes gift circle-arrow chevron-thin-right chevron-thin-left magnify alasu instagram youtube feed twitter facebook

Welcome to Alabama State University. The following assistives navigation will help you jump to specific areas of the page.

Methods of Payment

 

Alabama State University accepts a number of payment methods for tuition and other student account balances. 60% of all charges (room, board, tuition and fees) are payable upon the end of registration.

If payment is not made by the last day of registration the student’s classes will be “purged” (dropped from the class roll).

Students who register beginning with the first day of classes will be charged a $15.00 late registration fee.

Forms of Personal Payments Accepted

Personal funds may be paid to the university in the form of cash, personal checks, cashier's checks, certified checks, money orders, or by using any credit cards recognized by the university (MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover).

A service charge of $30.00 will be assessed for all returned checks.

Mailing Your Payments

All payments made through the U.S. Postal Service or any parcel service should be addressed as follows:

Office of the Comptroller
Alabama State University
P.O. Box 271
Montgomery, AL 36101-0271

Making Payments on Campus

Payments may be made at the University Cashier's Window on the top floor of the J. Garrick Hardy Student Center.

Online Payments – Hornet’s Web

You can check your balance or pay your bill online anytime on the Hornet's Web.

Wire Transfer

Bank Routing Number: 062000019

Credit: Alabama State University
             General Fund
             P.O.Box 271
             Montgomery, AL 
             Acct. Number: 0033072043

Special Instructions: Student Name and Student ID Number

Forms of Financial Aid Awards Accepted

Financial aid funds may be paid to the university from one or more financial aid programs. These include, but are not limited to, loan programs Federal (Perkins Loan, Federal Stafford Loan, Federal PLUS Loan), grant programs (Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, Alabama State Assistance Grant), work program (Federal Work-Study Program), scholarship programs and benefit programs available from the Veterans Administration for the dependents of deceased or disabled veterans.

Deferred Balance

After payment of 60 percent students remaining balance of 40 percent will be due by the following deadlines:

Fall Semester October 1st
Spring Semester March 1st
Summer Semester July 1st

If these dates fall on a weekend or holiday, the 40 percent is due no later than the following business day.

In the event of an unpaid balance of any nature on a student's account, the following services will be withheld until the balance is paid in full:

  • Enrollment for subsequent terms
  • Transcripts
  • Release of Grades 

Contact Us

ASU CASHIERS OFFICE
J. Garrick Hardy Student Center, 2nd Floor
Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri 8:15am-4:45pm


ASU CASHIERS OFFICE STAFF
Mary Moorer
Bursar
334-229-4695
mmoorer@alasu.edu

Artcola Pettway 
Assistant Bursar
334-229-4191
abpettway@alasu.edu

Valerie Glover
Cashier
334-229-4699
vglover@alasu.edu

Celeste Daniels
Cashier
334-229-4197
cdaniels@alasu.edu

Back to top